Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: scale of Bitty vs Ag's

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Smile

    AG food is actually scaled down a little bit, but that's just because the dolls themselves are seriously out of proportion. AG dolls heads are waaaaay too big to be a real person, lol. So while most people scale according to their head (I know it's weird, but it's true), AGs are scaled according to their hands. So the food is appropriately sized for AG hands (I'm sure you've noticed), but compared to their heads it's too small. Like Josefina's canteloupe. If you put it in her hands, they can't reach all the way around it, just like a real canteloupe. However, real canteloupes are about the size of a normal human head, and Josefina's head is much larger than her canteloupe. It's not the food that's mis-proportioned, it's the doll. With regards to Bitty, her food is scaled properly as well, since a newborn baby is about 20-21 inches long and bitty is 16, her food should be only one fifth smaller than real food. Compare an AG with a real nine year old girl though...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A friend of mine was over commenting on the huge size scale difference between our Bitty Crib and Kirsten's bed. The crib is absolutely HUGE in comparison.

    And yet, Bitty is a baby and Kirsten is supposed to be 10 years old. I know there is only 3 inches difference between them and supposedly at least 9-1/2 years as well.

    I'm not suggesting that either of them change, but it is just really odd looking when you have them all together.

    I especially like the food sizes for Bitty though as compared to the AG dolls. As in Bitty's retired picnic basket. That basket is probably the size of Felicity's retired green travel trunk! The AG doll food is way too small.

    Laurie

  3. #3
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's interesting. I never really compared the two, but I definitely agree that the AG food is way too small. I trust that someone from AG product design is reading this. They would be crazy to overlook threads like this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •